Designing Website By Yourself or Hiring a Website Designerclays
You are very good with a computing and using easy office applications like MS Word and you know a little of photoshop, coreldraw and design softwares? Why spend much money in paying someone to build your website when you can actually do some few tweaks and design it all by yourself? Good idea right? True. Here we are going to discuss briefly about the pros and cons about this.
Can You Design your website by yourself?
Yes you can. Infact there are some free website builders that guide you how to start your website by yourself. These site builders include:
Some of these softwares are free and come with some premium options like hosting your website with them for a fee.
The advantages include:
- You can choose your template
- You don’t have to pay much. Just upgrade and renew yearly that’s all.
- Its fun following the steps.
But the fact remains that at a point or the other, you may be stuck. Especially if your knowledge of html,php or css is zero. You definitely will be needing to google some howtos, call some professionals to ask some questions and may at the end get a website designer.
Why You should employ a website developer
Many of our projects are actually from clients who have built their websites on do-it-yourself platforms like WIX, Weebly, etc. Some clients even study html and CSS to be determined in their quest to achieve their aims. But the question is are you ready to learn coding all because of just one website you want? Its in the same vein asking are you ready to learn basic architecture to build your house because you don’t want to employ a trained architect? Yes, it will be an added skill to your portfolio but please if you don’t plan to learn website development to design websites professionally, quickly hire a website developer.
Benefits of Hiring A Website Developer/Designer
- Have unlimited options unlike using website builders.
- Saves you a whole lot of stress and time
- You can get your issues fixed without having to learn HTML, PHP or CSS
- You benefit from their experience in getting beautiful looking websites.
- They can handle other non-website design issues effectively i.e hosting, SEO, responsive websites
- Gives your website an air of professionalism among other clients
- Have a professional looking website not something looking amateurish.
- Saves you having to make mistakes, going back and forth.
- Saves you the stress of requesting a site redesign.
- The right images and font combination for a color-friendly website.
Your website describes alot about your company. If it doesn’t look good many will pass you for a fraud or an incompetent. For a website project, it is veritable you hire a professional. However, it is your duty, you inform your developer, on your choice of website in terms of template and layout so they do not go amiss.
Goodluck with that website project.